2 hrs 20 mins
A simple and delicious snack cake using fresh limes for optimum flavor! From the January 2009 issue of Bon Appétit Magazine. Cooking time reflects time to cool cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2Butter and flour 8-inch square baking pan.
- 3Using electric mixer, cream butter and 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar in large bowl.
- 4Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 5Mix in milk, then flour, until combined.
- 6Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top.
- 7Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- 8Halve limes; squeeze enough juice to measure 1/4 cup.
- 9Mix zest, lime juice, and 1/4 cup sugar in small bowl; set lime syrup aside.
- 10Using skewer, poke holes all over baked cake.
- 11Spoon half of lime syrup (about 3 tablespoons) over hot cake.
- 13Whisk 1 cup powdered sugar into remaining lime syrup; drizzle over cake. Allow to cool for 1 hour before serving.
- 14Cut cake into squares.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Lime Cake Squares
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.4
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.6 mg
- Sodium 363.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: