Recipe by internetnut
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Copy Kat Chat. Pam Chamberlin submitted this recipe. "The use of lemon cake mix, lemon gelatin, lemon extract and fresh lemon juice make this cake a lemon-lover's dream. It's also amazingly easy." This was made for an employees birthday and she requested a Lemon Pound cake like Publix makes. I found this recipe and we were all very greatful I did. It was extremely moist and flavorful. Changes made, I used pudding instead of jello and I didn't use the lemon extract. I also reduced the cooking time to 40-45 min. The glaze was perfect by adding a little zing to the bite. After I glazed it I dusted it with powdered sugar.
- 18 ounces lemon cake mix
- 3 ounces lemon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3⁄4 cup apricot nectar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, gelatin, lemon extract, apricot nectar, eggs and oil. Mix to combine, then beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour batter into a 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- While cake is baking, make the glaze: In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and confectioners sugar; stir until smooth.
- Remove cake from oven, and with cake still in pan, pour glaze over top of hot cake, tipping pan to allow excess glaze to run down sides of pan.
- Allow cake to cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.