This cake doesn't rise very much, so don't be surprised if it is shorter than you might expect!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- 3Dust with sugar, and tap out excess; set aside.
- 4Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- 5Stir together 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the milk.
- 6Put butter and 3/4 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- 7Mix until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- 8Mix in eggs and zest.
- 9Working in two batches, alternate mixing in flour mixture and milk mixture.
- 10Pour batter into prepared pan- Bake until a caker tester comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- 11Meanwhile, stir together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- 12Upon removing cake from oven, immediately brush with lemon glaze.
- 13Let cake cool in pan 10 minutes.
- 14Unmold cake.
- 15Brush remaining glaze on top- Garnish with zest.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 471.9
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 146.0 mg
- Sodium 269.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 47.4 g
- Protein 7.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of