Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake doesn't rise very much, so don't be surprised if it is shorter than you might expect!
Make and share this Glazed Lemon Pound Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 9"x5" loaf pan.
- Dust with sugar, and tap out excess; set aside.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Stir together 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the milk.
- Put butter and 3/4 cup sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Mix until pale and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Mix in eggs and zest.
- Working in two batches, alternate mixing in flour mixture and milk mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared pan- Bake until a caker tester comes out clean, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
- Upon removing cake from oven, immediately brush with lemon glaze.
- Let cake cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Unmold cake.
- Brush remaining glaze on top- Garnish with zest.