Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Woman's World 5/9/00. This takes a lemony-good buttermilk Bundt cake and makes it better than ever with poppy seeds for a little crunch. Top it with luscious strawberries for the perfect spring dessert!
- 4 1⁄2 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups butter, at room temperature
- 2 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 quart strawberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, soda, and salt; set aside.
- With mixer at high speed beat butter until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Beat in granulated sugar until fluffy. Reduce speed to medium; beat in eggs, one at a time, until combined, about 3 minutes. Reduce speed to low; beat in 1/2 cup lemon juice and zest. Beat in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk until combined; stir in poppy seeds. Increase speed to high; beat 1 minute. Pour into pan.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Run knife between cake and pan to loosen; cool in pan on rack 25 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on rack.
- Combine confectioners' sugar with remaining lemon juice. Pour over cake. Just before serving, fill center with berries.