Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
From Cooking Light's 1991 Annual Cookbook. A little different than the other recipes listed here.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine skim milk, vegetable oil, egg and 1 TBL lemon juice; add mixture to well in dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Pour batter into an 8 ½ x4 ½ x3-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes; remove from pan and let cool on wire rack.
- Combine powdered sugar and 1 ½ tsp lemon juice; drizzle glaze over bread.