Recipe by dragon reader
The directions for this are the same as my favorite box mix, so I have to give it a try. I found it on bettycrocker.com. It is a Bisquick heart smart recipe, but I think that you can substitute regular ingredients if you want. The recipe originally said 16 bars, but I never got that many. The cooking time is actually 1hr. 50 minutes and it is also total time start to finish
- 1 cup Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons firm butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tablespoon Bisquick Heart Smart mix
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest (grated lemon peel)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free fat-free liquid egg product
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In small bowl, stir together 1 cup Bisquick mix and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or crisscrossing 2 knives, until crumbly. Press in ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until light brown. Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix all remaining Bar ingredients. Pour coconut mixture over baked layer.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until set and golden brown. Loosen edges from sides of pan while warm. In small bowl, stir all Lemon Glaze ingredients until smooth; spread over bars. Cool completely, about 1 hour. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): In step 2, bake crust about 12 minutes.