Recipe by Triple BQ
I am posting this so I don't loose my copy. My mother gave me this recipe she copied from a magazine in 1990 and I love this bread.
Top Review by Gerry
A great tasting Lemon Loaf! I liked Charabears idea of mini loaves for the holidays and bake sales. Easy to make and bakes up beautifully. Perfect for coffee time and teas. Thank you for sharing this delicious Lemon Bread - a keeper for sure.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- For Bread
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, stir together melted margarine or butter, sugar, eggs, and almond extract.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately to sugar mixture.
- Add lemon extract.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 8x4x2-inch loaf pan.
- Bake in a 350 deg oven 55 to 60 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clean.
- For Glaze.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice; immediately spoon over hot loaf. Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Remove bread from the pan; cool thoroughly on a wire rack.
- Wrap and store overnight before slicing.