Prep 20 mins
Cook 1800 hrs
Another recipe sent from Aunty Flo
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325°, center rack.
- Butter a 10" tube pan.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well and scraping down sides of the bowl after each addition.
- Sift together flour, soda and salt; add to butter mixture in three additions alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter in prepared pan smoothing top with a rubber spatula
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes of until a tester inserted in center comes out clean and the cake has begun to pull away from sides of the pan. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together glaze ingredients.
- Invert cake onto a rack. Prick surface numerous times with a toothpick.
- Brush glaze over the surface; let cool to room temperature.
- Store wrapped in plastic up to two days at room temperature.