Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are from Karin on the IBS boards. They've gotten rave reviews and I can't wait to try them! I'm posting them in response to a request for lemon recipes.
- 1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 1 tablespoon Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons firm soy margarine
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons, rind of
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute (or 4 egg whites)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix 1 cup baking mix and the powdered sugar in small bowl. Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Press into ungreased 8" square pan and bake for about 10 minutes or until light brown.
- Mix remaining ingredients, except lemon glaze. Pour over baked layer.
- Bake about 25 minutes or until set and golden brown. Loosen edges from sides of pan while warm.
- To make lemon glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Spread warm bars with lemon glaze; cool about 1 hour.
Made for Zaar Tag. This was pretty simple, I had most of the ingredients already at home. This makes a small amount, so if you want a bigger batch you'll need to double or triple the recipe. I'll be making this one again!