2 hrs 25 mins
2 hrs 10 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
The vegetables are caramelized with all the flavors of the meat in this wonderful dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) leg of lamb
- 12 small fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 shallots, peeled
- 2 lbs potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs parsnips, cut into large chunks
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 cups red wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups lamb stock or 2 cups beef stock
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- fresh rosemary (to garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Peel 3 of the garlic cloves and slice; make slits all over the meat and insert slices of garlic and small sprigs of rosemary; season well with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole or roasting pan and add the shallots; cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to turn golden.
- 4Add the potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and remaining unpeeled cloves of garlic; stir to coat in the oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Place the lamb on top and pour half of the red wine on the lamb.
- 6Cover the pan well and bake for 1 hour, basting occasionally with any pan juices.
- 7Combine the honey and soy sauce thoroughly; after the first hour of cooking, pour the honey mnixture over the lamb and baste.
- 8Return the lamb to the oven and bake, uncovered for 1-1 1/2 hours more or until the meat is cooked and the vegetables are tender, basting the meat and vegetables occasionally.
- 9Remove the roast and the vegetables from the pan and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving, but keep the vegetables warm.
- 10Place the cooking pan on the stove, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 11Blend in the stock and remaining wine; bring to a boil and adjust the seasoning.
- 12Place roast on platter with vegetables, garnished with rosemary sprigs, if desired.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Lamb Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (686 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.9
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 126.6 mg
- Sodium 550.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: