Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 10 mins
The vegetables are caramelized with all the flavors of the meat in this wonderful dish.
Make and share this Glazed Lamb Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) leg of lamb
- 12 small fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 shallots, peeled
- 2 lbs potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs parsnips, cut into large chunks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 1⁄4 cups red wine
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 2 cups lamb stock or 2 cups beef stock
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- fresh rosemary (to garnish)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Peel 3 of the garlic cloves and slice; make slits all over the meat and insert slices of garlic and small sprigs of rosemary; season well with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole or roasting pan and add the shallots; cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to turn golden.
- Add the potatoes, parsnips, carrots, and remaining unpeeled cloves of garlic; stir to coat in the oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Place the lamb on top and pour half of the red wine on the lamb.
- Cover the pan well and bake for 1 hour, basting occasionally with any pan juices.
- Combine the honey and soy sauce thoroughly; after the first hour of cooking, pour the honey mnixture over the lamb and baste.
- Return the lamb to the oven and bake, uncovered for 1-1 1/2 hours more or until the meat is cooked and the vegetables are tender, basting the meat and vegetables occasionally.
- Remove the roast and the vegetables from the pan and allow to rest for 10-15 minutes before carving, but keep the vegetables warm.
- Place the cooking pan on the stove, stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Blend in the stock and remaining wine; bring to a boil and adjust the seasoning.
- Place roast on platter with vegetables, garnished with rosemary sprigs, if desired.