Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
From Light & Tasty. The recipe suggests serving this sunny, citrusy chicken over rice. It's also a really good way to top a summer salad....
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 (1/4 lb) boneless skinless chicken breast half (1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 teaspoons chives, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- Remove 1 cup for sauce; cover and refrigerate.
- Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add the remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth.
- Stir in the honey.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve chicken with orange sections over rice; spoon sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with chives.
- Yield: 4 servings.