Prep 25 mins
Cook 50 mins
I made this cake for an Autumn Harvest Party we had. It was a huge hit. It's very moist and very delicious! But I don't think you'd have to wait till autumn to make it, it would be good anytime! And it is really easy to prepare!
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxpilsbury moist supreme yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups fimly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 12 cup bundt pan.
- In large bowl, combine all cake ingredients; beat at low speed until moistened.
- Beat 2 minutes at high speed.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40- 55 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes.
- In medium saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients.
- Cook over med.
- high heat until mixture starts to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Reserve 1/4 cup glaze, keep warm.
- With cake still in pan, pour remaining glaze over warm cake, between cake and edges of pan so glaze runs down sides of cake.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate and remove pan.
- Slowly pour reserved 1/4 cup of glaze over top of cake.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
- Serve warm or cool.
This cake is delicious! My friends all went for seconds at our dinner party last night. It is very moist, but not overly heavy or rich. A keeper!
This was amazing. So moist and full of flavour with out being too sweet. We've done it several times and had perfect results every time. Thanks so much