2 hrs 30 mins
A unique tangy and spicy chunky peach sauce perfectly complements traditional glazed ham for an outstanding holiday meal. Vary the amount of ginger and hot pepper to satisfy your own tastes. The Peach-Ginger sauce can be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 lb) fully-cooked bone-in ham
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 1 cup peach preserves
- 5 cups unsweetened frozen peach slices
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 hot cherry pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- 2Use a serrated knife to score the top of the ham in a diamond pattern.
- 3Press whole cloves into the ham and place on a roasting rack in a roasting pan.
- 4Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the pre-heated oven, or until the internal temperature of the ham has reached 140 degrees F (60 degrees C).
- 5Cover with aluminum foil if the ham starts to look dry.
- 6While the ham is baking, mix together the cinnamon, mustard and 1/2 cup of brown sugar in a cup or small bowl.
- 7Set aside.
- 8In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together the remaining brown sugar, cider vinegar, peach nectar and peach preserves.
- 9Bring to a boil and then stir in the sliced peaches, ginger, cherry pepper and the cinnamon stick.
- 10Simmer until the peaches are tender and the sauce has thickened, 25 to 30 minutes.
- 11Remove the ham from the oven and brush liberally with the saved mustard glaze.
- 12Increase the oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and return the ham to the oven, uncovered.
- 13Bake for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until glaze is bubbly.
- 14Allow the ham to rest for 15 to 20 minutes before carving. Serve with hot Peach-Ginger sauce.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Ham With Peach-Ginger Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (612 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1439.2
- Calories from Fat 721
- Total Fat 80.1 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 426.1 mg
- Sodium 291.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 38.7 g
- Protein 122.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: