Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a favorite recipe for Sunday dinner in our family. This versatile sauce can also be used on chicken, pork and fish!
- 5 lbs cooked ham
- 1 (5/8 ounce) jar whole cloves
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 15 1⁄4 ounces crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- Score ham; stud with desired amount of cloves. Line baking pan with foil.
- Place ham on rack in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 2 hours or till internal temperature reaches 140 degrees.
- Combine sugar, syrup, and mustard. Use 3/4ths of the glaze to baste ham every 10 minute during the last 35-40 minute of baking.
- Dissolve cornstarch in remaining glaze add undrained pineapple.
- Cook, stirring constantly, till thickened.
- Serve sauce over ham.(Makes 2 1/4c. sauce).
- Optional: During last 15 min baking, add sliced pineapple to ham.