Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Served for Easter 2011. We all enjoyed the ham and glaze so much that we were tempted to lick our plates. This simple glaze could also be used when grilling pork chops or a pork loin.
- Place ham in oven at 325 degrees. Hint: I like to cover the exposed side of the ham with foil so it does not dry out while baking.
- Bake 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Towards the end of baking, skim off any pan juices and allow fat to rise to the top. In a saucepan, heat the skimmed pan juices (maybe 1/4 cup), marmalade and mustard; boil a couple minutes to reduce and thicken slightly.
- After 1 hours 30 minutes baking time, remove ham from oven. Remove foil.
- Use a sharp knife and score the fatty hard outer skin in diamonds about 1/4" deep (the glaze will run into these cuts).
- Baste ham with reduced glaze and return to oven, basting a couple more times as you bake 30 additional minutes (2 hours total baking time).
- Slice ham and serve with any remaining glaze.