Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet and salty.
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice or 2 tablespoons other fruit juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 lb fully cooked ham steak, about 3/4 inch thick
- Combine all ingredients except ham slice in small saucepan; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Place ham on grill 4 inches from medium coals, or under broiler.
- Cook until hot and glazed, about 5 minutes on each side, basting frequently with mustard mixture.
This was a nice change. I used dijon and only had orange juice on hand but the flavors still blended well with the meat. I'm going to try it again using pineapple juice. Thanks.
Wow, great sauce! I didn't have any pineapple juice so I used orange-mango juice which worked just fine. Also, I pan fried the ham. Will for sure be making this again and soon!!
Great ham steak, the glaze has wonderful flavour!! can't wait to try it with pineapple juice. I used orange juice and Dejon mustard and splenda brown mix. Thanks for posting I will be making it again!