Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
This recipe makes a yummy appetizer or main course, and is a good way to use up leftover baked ham.
- 1⁄2 lb ground ham (or put through food processor)
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork (or put through food processor)
- 1 cup Raisin Bran cereal (flakes)
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- Mix the ground ham, ground pork, raisin bran, milk, egg, onion, salt, pepper and thyme together thoroughly.
- Shape into 8-10 meatballs, using about 1/4 cup mixture for each.
- Place balls in an 8x11x1 1/2-inch baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, syrup, vinegar and mustard; bring to boiling.
- Pour over ham balls and bake 20 minutes more, basting with sauce once or twice during baking.
- Makes 2-3 main course servings.
- If making them as an appetizer, shape meat mixture into 1 to 1 1/2-inch (bite sized) balls, and adjust baking times accordingly.