This recipe makes a yummy appetizer or main course, and is a good way to use up leftover baked ham.
My Private Note
meat ba ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground ham (or put through food processor)
- 1/2 lb ground pork (or put through food processor)
- 1 cup Raisin Bran cereal (flakes)
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1Mix the ground ham, ground pork, raisin bran, milk, egg, onion, salt, pepper and thyme together thoroughly.
- 2Shape into 8-10 meatballs, using about 1/4 cup mixture for each.
- 3Place balls in an 8x11x1 1/2-inch baking pan.
- 4Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 5In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, syrup, vinegar and mustard; bring to boiling.
- 6Pour over ham balls and bake 20 minutes more, basting with sauce once or twice during baking.
- 7Makes 2-3 main course servings.
- 8If making them as an appetizer, shape meat mixture into 1 to 1 1/2-inch (bite sized) balls, and adjust baking times accordingly.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Ham-Raisin Balls
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1025.6
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 295.7 mg
- Sodium 1591.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 46.9 g
- Protein 54.5 g