1 hr 20 mins
Wow your friends with this succulent ham loaf. The glaze adds just the right touch. Excellent for dinner parties, Easter or special events. Recipe came from a friend who is chef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground ham
- 1 lb ground sausage or 1 lb pork
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1Have meat ground together for one 2 lb.
- 2combination mixture; bring to room temperature.
- 3(not included in prep time) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 4In large bowl, lightly but thoroughly combine meat and bread crumbs; use your hands if necessary.
- 5In medium bowl, beat eggs, add sour cream, onion, lemon juice and spices.
- 6Mix well, pour over meat mixture and blend together.
- 7Form mixture into loaf and place in well oiled shallow baking dish.
- 8Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
- 9NOTE: This mixture isn't packed into a loaf pan, it is a free standing long loaf shape.
- 10Meanwhile, prepare basting sauce.
- 11In a small saucepan, mix all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- 12Thicken with some cornstarch mixed with water; as needed.
- 13When ham loaf has baked for 45 minutes, remove from oven and drain off grease.
- 14Spoon sauce over ham loaf and continue baking another 15 minutes.
- 15Baste every few minutes with sauce until done cooking.
- 16Let sit for at least 10 minutes before cutting to allow loaf to retain shape.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Ham Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 543.2
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 141.4 mg
- Sodium 1099.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 22.0 g