Recipe by Ridgely
Easy enough for a weeknight meal, but also elegant for entertaining. Can be made ahead as well.
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup finely crushed graham cracker
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 lb ground cooked ham
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl combine the first six ingredients.
- Add ground ham and pork; mix well.
- Shape into 12 balls, using about 1/3 cup mixture for each ball.
- Place balls in baking dish. Bake, uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, in a small mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients and pour over ham balls. Bake 15 minutes more.
- *Note: To make ahead, cover and chill uncooked ham balls for up to 12 hours. Prepare glaze, cover and chill up to 12 hours. Uncover and bake as directed. Ham balls and glaze can also be frozen separately.