Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Easy to do and a really attractive presentation.
- 10 -12 lbs uncooked ham
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 cups apricot jam or 2 cups currant jelly
- 16 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄4 lbs canned drained pineapple slices
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan and bake until a meat thermometer registers 130 degrees F (about 3 hours).
- Score 1/4 inch deep cuts around the outside of the ham in a diamond pattern.
- Combine jelly, cloves, mustard and vinegar in a small saucepan over low heat, stir until the jelly has melted.
- Spread mixture around the outside of the ham.
- Attach pineapple rings to ham with toothpicks.
- Stud ham with the whole cloves.
- Return ham to oven, baste occasionally with remaining apricot sauce, and bake until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees F.
- Remove ham from oven.
- Let cool for 10+ minutes before slicing.
Made this for Easter dinner and it was a hit! I will be using it often, in fact tonight we are having the glaze on BBQ Chicken breasts. reminds me so much of my childhood I know this will be on the list of comfort foods from now on.
Made this Christmas Eve and Christmas day, Got rave reviews, very moist and had a wonderful flavor. Darn good for left overs to, made ham green beens and potatoes, for supper the next day. Thanks Roo, this one is a winner by far!!