Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This ham recipe is easy & delicious. Perfect for a party or a holiday dinner, but simple enough for a weekend meal. Don't worry about having too much. Make split pea soup out of the bone & use the rest on sandwiches.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Score a diamond pattern into the exterior of the ham (use a paring knife).
- Set in a roasting pan, flat side down & place in the oven.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- While ham is baking, combine marmelade and bourbon/rum in a saucepan. Bring to a boil & simmer on medium low heat until mixture is thick & syrupy, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven & pour glaze over it. Return to oven & cook for around another hour, basting frequently. Remove when internal temperature reaches 140.
- Serve at room temperature.