Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Great for Easter
- 1 (5 -7 1/2 lb) smoked ham
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place ham on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast 10 minutes per pound.
- ½ hour before ham is done, remove ham from oven.
- Cut off skin.
- Score fat in a diamond pattern.
- Insert a whole clove in each diamond.
- In a small saucepan, mix together brown sugar, mustard and allspice.
- Heat until sugar melts.
- Spread sugar mixture over ham.
- Return to oven, roast for 30 minutes.
This was a nice way to "dress" up a ham. I liked the addition of the mustard. Only thing I would change next time is cut back a little on the brown sugar to a 1/2 cup, it was a little too sweet for my taste.