Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Steamed baby red potatoes and a crunchy cucumber and snow pea salad are great accompaniments to this flavourful salmon.
- Prepare bbq (medium-high heat).
- Combine brown sugar, mustard and soy sauce in medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Transfer 1 tblsp glaze to small bowl; mix in rice vinegar and set aside.
- Brush 1 side of salmon steaks generously with half of glaze in medium bowl.
- Place salmon steaks, glazed side down, onto bbq.
- Grill until glaze is slightly charred, about 4 minutes.
- Brush top side of salmon steaks with remaining glaze in medium bowl.
- Turn salmon over and grill until second side is slightly charred and salmon is just opaque in centre, about 5 minutes longer.
- Transfer salmon to plates.
- Drizzle reserved glaze to small bowl over salmon and serve.
Delicious. So easy and good. I loved the drizzle I put on it at then end. I used Sockeye Salmon. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
Made for The QUEST 2014 because I had 2 of everything - I had 2 lrg salmon halves and 2 salmon recipes I wanted to make - I had lots of potatoes and 2 potato recipes I wanted to make - And I had my DH plus 2 Canadian houseguests to cook for. It was fate. I doubled the amt of this easy-fix classic grill glaze for a 4-portion half salmon & DH did the rest on the grill. The charring makes you think the salmon may be over-cooked, but it was moist & flavorful. Served it w/2 varieties of potatoes via Quest & our favorite broccoli salad. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. ** Edited to Add a 5th Star - Turns out my DH "purist" preferred the glazed salmon to the simply grilled version after all, but I didn't get it right.
Excellent salmon!! This may well become the only way I will cook salmon again. The flavor was to die for. I did use salmon fillets. DH who really does not care for fish could not get enough of this. He even asked when I was going to prepare this again. (he thinks I never cook the same thing twice) I prepared it with rice pilaf and a salad. What a quick, easy and delicious dish to fix. It is going in my company coming to dinner cookbook. This would be great for an elegant backyard barbeque. Thanks so much for posting this.