Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are sweet and have a slight kick from the ginger ale and powdered ginger.
Make and share this Glazed Gingered Carrots With Southern Comfort recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup ginger ale
- 2 cups baby carrots, sliced lengthwise in 1/2
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup Southern Comfort
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the carrots with the butter, salt, and ginger ale on medium-high, covered, for 5 - 10 minutes.
- Add Southern Comfort and brown sugar and reduce until the liquid is nearly cooked out and carrots are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
These carrots were amazing! Made these with mixed color baby carrots, and a last minute concocted Southern Comfort substitute when I found there was none in the cupboard. (See Recipe ##421616 if you ever find yourself in the same situation) Perhaps it had something to do with the extra "love" that went into them, but we were all smacking our lips! Thank you for sharing this recipe
Oh Rita, these carrots were awesome! I never thought of using ginger ale and Southern Comfort, what a great combination! Used this recipe for a Passover luncheon that we had. Wonderful! Thanks so much for posting this recipe, Diane :=) Oh BTW, I used a brown sugar substitute as well as diet ginger ale - it was still great!