Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
First made them for Spring Equinox. Pretty pastel colors and used cookie cutters to make unique shapes. You can also use a sheet cake pan and make cute little squares. If time allows I've made a nice white chocolate glaze, but alas I usually have to settle for the store bought variety. They are VERY cute and colorful, but very labor intensive with the shapes.
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cover shallow baking pans with foil, grease and flour.
- Combine all ingredients Bake 40 to 45 minutes.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to cool completely.
- Cut into shapes then glaze.