Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup maraschino cherry, drained
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice.
- Combine pineapple, remaining fruit, and pecans in a large bowl; toss gently.
- Combine pudding mix and reserved pineapple juice in a mixing bowl.
- Beat on high speed of electric mixer 1 minute.
- Pour pudding mixture over fruit and pecans; toss gently.
- Chill and serve.
This was OK. I wasn't too sure I liked the glaze on the fruit. However, my DD LOVED it!! So, it is probably a keeper in our house!
I tried this on a lark, not sure of how it would turn out. We thought it was delicious. Very colorful and the "glaze" was sweet and went well with all the other fruits. A good quickie recipe and something I would take to a potluck. Thanks Nurse Di.