Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
found this in a box of recipe clippings from a church garage sale..paper is from 1975..Have not tried them yet..but will first bake sale!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces fruit cocktail, undrained
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄3 cups flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- beat eggs, sugar and salt in large mixing bowl at high speed until light and fluffy --
- add fruit cocktail, flour, soda and vanilla --
- beat on medium speed untlo well blended --
- spread into a greased and floured jelly roll pan.or 15x10x1" baking pan.
- sprinkle with coconut and nuts --
- bake 20-25 minutes at 350* -- drizzle with glaze while still hot.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar.
- 1/2 cup margarine.
- 1/4 cup milk.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla.
- 1/2 cup nuts.
- combine all but nuts -- bring to a boil and boil for 2 minutes -- stirring constantly.
- remove from heat and cool slightly.add nuts and spread on bars and cut into squares.