Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are very moist and so easy to make.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 (1 lb) can fruit cocktail, drained
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cream eggs and sugar.
- Sift and add dry ingredients.
- Add to creamed mixture.
- Fold in fruit& nuts.
- Pour& smooth onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes or so until cake springs bake to the touch.
- Cool in the pan.
- Glaze: Add first 3 ingredients to a saucepan.
- Boil 1-3 minutes.
- Add vanilla.
- Cool slightly and pour over squares.
I just saw the recipes for these today, decided I had to make them. Glad I did. All the ingredients I had in the pantry except walnuts which I left out. This cake is so moist, and not to sweet. The glaze is a perfect combination, I like the cake just on its own. This is a definate keeper, thanks so much for posting. I also like that it is made on a cookie sheet all the more for me to eat.