Recipe by BecR
The carrots are the star here, so use the freshest and best quality produce that you can find. Also, for best results please use fresh dairy butter--no substitutes. Very simple and tasty glazed carrots in the Vichy style. Enjoy!
- 6 cups fresh carrots, sliced into coins (1/2 inch slices)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice carrots into coins. Combine water, butter, sugar, salt & pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Add the carrots and bring to a boil; then cover pan with a lid, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To glaze the carrots remove cover and continue cooking for about 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender crisp & the liquid has reduced to a syrupy glaze.
- Serve the glazed carrots sprinkled with snipped fresh parsley. Enjoy!