Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
These cookies are the perfect thing to usher in the holidays, especially if you are a fan of the flavors of rum, nutmeg and vanilla. These came from a Pilsbury magazine from several years back. Though these are a little labor intensive due ot the cookie press and glaze, the compliments you will receive will make it worthwhile in the end.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
RUM GLAZE TO DRIZZEL ON COOKIES
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl beat sugar and 1 cup of butter.
- Beat vanilla, 2 teaspoons of rum flavoring and egg until smooth.
- Beat in flour and 1 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Place 1/4 of the dough at a time into your cookie press.
- On a ungreased cookie sheet, form desired shapes with dough.
- Bake 6 to 10 minutes, until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Once cool, mix ingredients for the Rum glaze and drizzel on each cooled cookie.