Recipe by Barb in WNY
An easy bake chicken with a sauce in the side.
Top Review by spooty3
I'm not very familiar with cooking drumsticks, and I wound up making this twice. The first time I defrosted some frozen drumsticks and added one or two fresh ones. I made it exactly as written, using sea salt and unbleached flour. I cooked it for 15 minutes, and the meat came out kind of undone. The second time I used 7 fresh smaller drumsticks, cooked for 20 minutes, and the results were much nicer. The sauce was fairly good - nothing fantastic, but interestingly different. Next time I have drumsticks on hand, I just may try this recipe again (and maybe fiddle with it a little).
- 2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place drumsticks in shallow baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Combine salt, soy sauce, and honey and baste chicken.
- Cover chicken and baste occasionally while cooking for an additional 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove chicken to a serving dish, pour pan juices into a small saucepan or skillet.
- Blend 1/2 cup cold water into flour, stir into pan juices. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve sauce with drumsticks.