Prep 3 hrs
Cook 4 hrs
Hot and soft!!
Make and share this Glazed Doughnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (1 tablespoon) packages active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup scalded milk
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Soften yeast in 110°F warm water. Combine milk, shortening, sugar and salt. Then cool to lukewarm.
- Add one cup of flour and beat well. Beat in softened yeast and eggs. Add enough of remaining flour to make a moderately soft dough. Mix well.
- Place in a greased bowl and turn to grease the surface. Cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight.
- Turn onto slightly floured surface and roll to 1/3-inch thick.
- Cut with floured doughnut cutter. Let rise for 30-40 minutes until very light. While dough is rising, combine all ingredients of the glaze in a bowl; set aside.
- Fry in 375°F deep hot fat for 2 minutes or until brown, Drain on paper towels and dip them into the glazing bowl while warm.