Found this recipe on mybakingaddiction.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Lightly grease a standard muffin tin or line with 12 paper muffin cups and grease the cups with non-stick vegetable oil spray; this will ensure that the paper cups peel off the muffins nicely.
- 3In a medium-sized mixing bowl, cream together the butter, vegetable oil, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until smooth.
- 4Add the eggs, beating to combine.
- 5Stir in the baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and vanilla.
- 6Stir the flour into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour, and making sure everything is thoroughly combined.
- 7Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan, filling the cups nearly full.
- 8Bake the muffins for 15 to 17 minutes, or until they’re a pale golden brown and a cake tester inserted into the middle of one of the center muffins comes out clean.
- 9In a medium bowl, prepare the glaze by mixing together the melted butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and hot water. Whisk until smooth.
- 10When muffins have cooled slightly, dip the muffin crown into the glaze and allow the glaze to harden. At this point, you can leave them as is or go for the double dip. I glazed my muffins twice.
- 11Serve warm, or cool on a rack and wrap airtight.
- 12Muffins will keep at room temperature for about a day.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Doughnut Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.2
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 300.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 4.6 g