Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is incredible for company or just to make on a quiet afternoon. The taste is Fabulous! I found this in a recent food magazine flyer and played around with it to make it healthier, without losing any flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up (any kind)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar substitute, packed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In bowl or bag combine flour, salt and paprika; add chicken pieces and dredge or shake to coat. Place chicken in a large baking pan; spray both sides with butter spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, honey, lemon juice, soy sauce, curry powder and cayenne pepper; pour over chicken. Bake 45 minutes more or until chicken is tender, basting frequently with pan drippings.
We had this last night....absolutely yummy! Thanks!