From Cook's Illustrated. I often substitute raisins for the dried currants.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder; over medium heat, stir until fragrant, about 2 seconds.
- 2Add carrots, salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, and chicken broth to the skillet and bring to a boil, covered, over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until carrots are almost tender when poked with tip of paring knife, about 5 minutes.
- 3Uncover, increase heat to high, and simmer rapidly, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced to about 2 tablespoons, 1 to 2 minutes.
- 4Add butter, currants, and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar to skillet; toss carrots to coat and cook, stirring frequently, until carrots are completely tender and glaze is light gold, about 3 minutes.
- 5Turn off heat, add lemon juice; toss to coat. Transfer carrots to serving dish, scraping glaze from pan. Season to taste with pepper and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Curried Carrots With Currants and Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 175.2
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 379.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g