Source: Hershey's Website
Make and share this Glazed Cranberry Mini Cakes recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 2⁄3 cups hershey's premier white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Lightly grease or paper-line small muffin cups (1-3/4 inches in diameter).
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg and vanilla extract in large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually mix into butter mixture.
- Add milk; stir until blended.
- Stir in cranberries, walnuts and 2/3 cup white chips (reserve remaining chips for glaze).
- Fill muffin cups about 7/8 full with batter.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack.
- Cool completely.
- To prepare the white glaze: place remaining 1 cup white chips in small microwave-safe bowl; sprinkle vegetable oil over chips.
- Microwave at MEDIUM (50%) 30 seconds; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at MEDIUM an additional 30 seconds or just until chips are melted when stirred.
- Drizzle white glaze over top of mini-cakes.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes to set glaze.
What yummy little treats these are! I used dried cranberries, since I couldn't find any fresh ones this time of year, and softened them for 30 minutes in 1/2 cup of warm water and then drained them. I cooked the first batch for 18 minutes, but they turned out a little dark, so I baked the second batch for 14 minutes and they came out perfectly. The white chocolate glaze adds a little touch of sweetness, just enough to still let the tangy flavor of the cranberry cakes come through. I'm going to make them as full-sized cupcakes next time -- they are a great snack!