Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From the holiday section of the Engery Savers Cookbook
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2⁄3 cup orange rind
- 5 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- In saucepan combine sugar and water. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until cranberries begin to pop. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- With slotted spoon remove rind, stick and cranberries. Cook until syrup is thick.
- Pour syrup over cranberries. Cool and refrigerate.