Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe calls for split cornish game hens. These are basted in a apricot glaze.
- 2 Cornish hens (1-1/2 lbs. each. halved)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄3 cup 100% apricot fruit spread, warmed
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place hens, breast side up, on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and orange juice. Spoon some of the apricot mixture over the hens.
- Bake 30-35 minutes longer or until golden brown and juices run clear, basting several times with remaining apricot mixture.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
These were so simple and so good. I loved the apricot baste. Thanks for sharing. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.