24 hrs 10 mins
Posting for safekeeping. Note: Needs to be started the day before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quarted
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 cloves
- 1The day before serving: Put brisket in a large kettle cover with water; add onions and next 5 ingredients (or the packet that comes with it).
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and simmer about 4 hours or until just fork tender.
- 4Remove from cooking liquid.
- 5Cool completely.
- 6Cover and refrigerate over night.
- 7About 2 hours before serving remove brisket from fridge, and make the glaze.
- 8To make the glaze: Bring syrup and mustard to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- 10Remove from heat and cool.
- 11About 1/2 before serving heat the broiler; trim fat off the brisket.
- 12Place meat on a broiler pan and slather all over with the glaze.
- 13Place under the broiler (5-6 inches) from the heat.
- 14Heat 10-12 minutes; use the remaining glaze.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Corned Beef
Serving Size: 1 (336 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.5
- Calories from Fat 516
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 296.1 mg
- Sodium 3656.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 55.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: