Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posting for safekeeping. Note: Needs to be started the day before.
Make and share this Glazed Corned Beef recipe from Food.com.
- The day before serving: Put brisket in a large kettle cover with water; add onions and next 5 ingredients (or the packet that comes with it).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 4 hours or until just fork tender.
- Remove from cooking liquid.
- Cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- About 2 hours before serving remove brisket from fridge, and make the glaze.
- To make the glaze: Bring syrup and mustard to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- About 1/2 before serving heat the broiler; trim fat off the brisket.
- Place meat on a broiler pan and slather all over with the glaze.
- Place under the broiler (5-6 inches) from the heat.
- Heat 10-12 minutes; use the remaining glaze.