1/6 Photos of Glazed Coconut Banana Bread
1 hr 15 mins
Tangy glaze cuts the sweetness of the bread
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 3)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut, plus
- 1 tablespoon sweetened flaked coconut
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 3In a bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt, mix well.
- 4In a large bowl beat sugar and butter.
- 5Add eggs and beat well.
- 6Add bananas, yogurt, vanilla and rum, beat well.
- 7Add flour mixture, beat well.
- 8Stir in 1/2 cup coconut.
- 9Pour batter into loaf pan and top with 1 tbsp coconut.
- 10Bake for 1 hr or until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- 11Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, remove from pan, cool completely.
- 12Combine confectioners' sugar and lime juice to make a glaze, spoon over cooled bread.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Coconut Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3177.8
- Calories from Fat 717
- Total Fat 79.7 g
- Saturated Fat 50.8 g
- Cholesterol 501.9 mg
- Sodium 2160.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 559.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 326.8 g
- Protein 46.2 g