Recipe by Shake'n'Cake
From cuisine.com.au - I'm not sure of the difference between a mandarin, tangerine, or clementine but this looks delicious. Untried.
- 220 g plain flour
- 120 g fine cornmeal or 120 g instant polenta
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 g sugar
- 240 g eggs
- 190 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 260 g icing sugar
- clementine, juice and zest of, grated and strained through a fine sieve
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease with butter and lightly flour a 22cm round cake tin.
- Preheat oven to 165°C
- With a fork, mix flour, corn meal, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Using an electric mixer, whisk sugar and eggs until they are pale and their volume increases two or three times. Add zest and whisk.
- On a low to medium speed, whisk in half the flour mixture until well incorporated, then half the olive oil.
- Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add the rest of the oil and the remaining flour.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for 30-35 minutes until the centre springs back to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes before unmoulding.
- Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Add clementine juice, stirring, until it has the consistency of thick cream. Glaze the cake.