Absolutely amazing cinnamon buns made from scratch! You'll never go back to store-bought. (:
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package fast-rising dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar (sugar is divided)
- 1/4 cup warm water (105 F - 115 F)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 -3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons milk (milk is divided)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1In a cup, combine the yeast and 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar. Add the warm water and stir let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 4 tablespoons granulated sugar and the salt in a large bowl.
- 2Melt the butter. Using an electric mixer set on low speed (whisking works fine, too) beat in 1/2 cup milk, 3 tablespoons butter, the egg and the yeast mixture. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups flour to make a soft dough.
- 3Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, adding remaining flour if needed. Cover; let sit for 10 minutes.
- 4In a small bowl, combine remaining granulated sugar with the almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 5Roll the dough into a 12- x 10-inch rectangle. Brush with most of the remaining butter and sprinkle the sugar mixture on top.
- 6Roll the dough up tightly from one side. Cut the rolled dough into 12 slices. Place in a 13- x 9-inch nonstick baking pan. Brush with the rest of the butter. Cover; let buns rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F Bake for 20 minutes.
- 7Cool briefly. Mix confectioners' sugar, vanilla and remaining milk to create the glaze. Drizzle over the warm buns.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Cinnamon Buns
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.9
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 342.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 10.1 g