Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
Absolutely amazing cinnamon buns made from scratch! You'll never go back to store-bought. (:
Make and share this Glazed Cinnamon Buns recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packagefast-rising dry yeast
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated sugar (sugar is divided)
- 1⁄4 cup warm water (105 F - 115 F)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 -3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons milk (milk is divided)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a cup, combine the yeast and 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar. Add the warm water and stir let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 4 tablespoons granulated sugar and the salt in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter. Using an electric mixer set on low speed (whisking works fine, too) beat in 1/2 cup milk, 3 tablespoons butter, the egg and the yeast mixture. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Stir in 1 1/2 cups flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead the dough until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes, adding remaining flour if needed. Cover; let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining granulated sugar with the almonds, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the dough into a 12- x 10-inch rectangle. Brush with most of the remaining butter and sprinkle the sugar mixture on top.
- Roll the dough up tightly from one side. Cut the rolled dough into 12 slices. Place in a 13- x 9-inch nonstick baking pan. Brush with the rest of the butter. Cover; let buns rise in a warm place for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool briefly. Mix confectioners' sugar, vanilla and remaining milk to create the glaze. Drizzle over the warm buns.