Prep 25 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is simple and good. You can impress with little work, but they will never know.
Make and share this Glazed Chocolate-Sour Cream Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 510.29 g box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 236.59 ml sour cream, divided
- 29.58 ml sour cream, divided
- 44.37 ml instant coffee, divided
- 14.79 ml hot water
- 198.44 g containerbaker's real milk dipping chocolate
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, melted
- 236.59 ml thawed Cool Whip Topping
- 236.59 ml halved strawberry
- 236.59 ml raspberries
- Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- Line bottoms of pans with wax paper.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, substituting 1 cup of the sour cream for all of the water.
- Stir in 2 tablespoons of the instant coffee.
- Spread batter into prepared pans.
- Bake as directed on package.
- Cool 10 min.; remove from pans.
- Immediately remove wax paper.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Dissolve remaining 1 tablespoons instant coffee in water.
- Melt dipping chocolate as directed on container.
- Stir in butter, dissolved instant coffee and remaining 2 tablespoons sour cream; mix until well blended.
- Place 1/3 cup of the chocolate mixture in medium bowl; gently stir in whipped topping.
- Place 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- Spread with whipped topping mixture.
- Top with second cake layer.
- Pour remaining warm chocolate glaze mixture over top of filled cake, allowing it to drip over sides.
- Pile berries on top of cake.
- Refrigerate 30 minute or until chocolate glaze is set.
- Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
5 star cake ! I did not need to do the glaze as we ate it with whipped cream. So easy to do, all worked out very well.I used a Duncan Hines devils food cake. This was a great way to doctor a packet cake mix and I certainly would do it again.