1/1 Photo of Glazed Chocolate-Sour Cream Cake
1 hr 5 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is simple and good. You can impress with little work, but they will never know.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 510.29 g box devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 78.07 ml oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 236.59 ml sour cream, divided
- 29.58 ml sour cream, divided
- 44.37 ml instant coffee, divided
- 14.79 ml hot water
- 198.44 g container baker's real milk dipping chocolate
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine, melted
- 236.59 ml thawed Cool Whip Topping
- 236.59 ml halved strawberry
- 236.59 ml raspberries
- 1Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- 2Line bottoms of pans with wax paper.
- 3Prepare cake mix as directed on package, substituting 1 cup of the sour cream for all of the water.
- 4Stir in 2 tablespoons of the instant coffee.
- 5Spread batter into prepared pans.
- 6Bake as directed on package.
- 7Cool 10 min.; remove from pans.
- 8Immediately remove wax paper.
- 9Cool completely on wire racks.
- 10Dissolve remaining 1 tablespoons instant coffee in water.
- 11Melt dipping chocolate as directed on container.
- 12Stir in butter, dissolved instant coffee and remaining 2 tablespoons sour cream; mix until well blended.
- 13Place 1/3 cup of the chocolate mixture in medium bowl; gently stir in whipped topping.
- 14Place 1 cake layer on serving plate.
- 15Spread with whipped topping mixture.
- 16Top with second cake layer.
- 17Pour remaining warm chocolate glaze mixture over top of filled cake, allowing it to drip over sides.
- 18Pile berries on top of cake.
- 19Refrigerate 30 minute or until chocolate glaze is set.
- 20Store leftover cake in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Chocolate-Sour Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.9
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 76.3 mg
- Sodium 407.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 18.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: