1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
You don't have to have pumpkin pie to enjoy pumpkin and spice in a dessert. This tender, moist cake uses pureed pumpkin to replace much of the fat and is delicately seasoned with classic fall flavors. From EatingWell.
My Private Note
bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose white flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch-process)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg white, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon fat-free buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips (may substitute 2 TBL chopped toasted nuts)
- 1To prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350°F Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- 2Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, granulated sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and salt in a medium bowl.
- 3Blend 1 cup buttermilk, pumpkin puree and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer on low speed. Beat in whole egg and egg white. Stir in oil, corn syrup and vanilla. Gradually add the dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- 4Bake the cake until a wooden skewer inserted in the center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached, 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Let cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely on the rack, about 2 hours.
- 5To glaze and garnish cake: Combine confectioners' sugar and 1 tablespoon buttermilk in a small bowl, stirring until completely smooth. Place the cake on a serving plate and drizzle the glaze over the top; garnish with chocolate chips (or chopped nuts) while the glaze is still moist.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Chocolate-Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.2
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 328.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 46.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: