Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From VeryBestBaking.com - will try soon!
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 5 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Grease five (5 1/2 x 3-inch) mini loaf pans or aluminum foil pans.
- FOR BREAD:
- Combine brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed until creamy, scraping bowl often. Add 1 cup melted morsels, eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract; continue beating until well mixed. Reduce speed to low. Add flour, applesauce, baking powder and baking soda; beat until well mixed. Stir in 1/2 cup chocolate morsels by hand. Spoon batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 to 42 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. (Do not remove if using aluminum foil pans.).
- FOR GLAZE:
- COMBINE 1/2 cup morsels, 1 tablespoon butter and water in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth. Remove from heat. Stir in powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract. Drizzle over each loaf. Cool completely.
- GLAZED CHOCOLATE MINT MINI LOAVES: Omit 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in bread and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract in glaze. Add 1/2 teaspoon mint extract to bread and 1/4 teaspoon mint extract to glaze.
Redsie, you NEED to try these! They turn out wonderfully light and fluffy, and the glaze makes them sinfully good! My glaze was a little more of a frosting in consistency (I even added an extra t. of water) so it got spread on rather than drizzled. No matter! These little cakes are super yummy and don't have that applesauce taste that comes through sometimes in other recipes. Delish! :D