Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Delicious, bold flavors from Aaron McCargo on Big Daddy's House! If you can't find long beans, use regular green beans, and feel free to cut them into bite size pieces if you like. I changed it just a little. Enjoy! Try this with asparagus! Yum!
- 1⁄2 lb chinese long beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- In a large pot of boiling water, blanch long beans for 2 minutes until slightly tender. Allow to cool.
- If you like your beans crunchy, skip the blanching.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter. Add scallions, ginger and garlic. Mix together. Add red pepper flakes and long beans. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in stock, honey and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add sesame seeds, if desired. Mix together.