Delicious, bold flavors from Aaron McCargo on Big Daddy's House! If you can't find long beans, use regular green beans, and feel free to cut them into bite size pieces if you like. I changed it just a little. Enjoy! Try this with asparagus! Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb chinese long beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon freshly minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)
- 1In a large pot of boiling water, blanch long beans for 2 minutes until slightly tender. Allow to cool.
- 2If you like your beans crunchy, skip the blanching.
- 3In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add butter. Add scallions, ginger and garlic. Mix together. Add red pepper flakes and long beans. Allow to cook for a few minutes.
- 4Stir in stock, honey and sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and add sesame seeds, if desired. Mix together.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Chinese Long Beans(Or Green Beans)
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.2
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 44.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: