Recipe by Chef LauraMD
This is such a great grilled chicken sandwich recipe. My daughters friends prefer this over hamburgers/hot dogs (can't blame them!)
Top Review by Sydney Mike
We got snagged for a BBQ dinner next door & I was wlling to make this recipe as long as they did the grilling (which they did), as long as I also gave them a copy of the recipe (which I did)! Did follow the list of ingredients, but included a very scant 1/2 teaspoon of the hot sauce! EVER SO GREAT TASTE TO THIS CHICKEN! Thanks for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup sweet sherry
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan boil the sugar and sherry for 5-6 minutes. Carefully stir in the soy sauce, sugar and vinegar. Simmer over medium heat, stirring often, for 5-6 minutes until slightly thickened. Cool. Pour all into a gallon zip-lock bag and add chicken. Marinate 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Stir together the mayonnaise, mustard, honey and hot sauce and refrigerate.
- Grill chicken breast over a medium fire for 3-4 minutes per side, brushing with marinade often. After you have cooked each side 3-4 minutes, shake on the sesame seeds and cook each side an additional 3 minutes per side.
- Spread buns with honey mustard sauce and serve!