Recipe by Denise in NH
Excellent as a hot appetizer or main dish served with buttered noodles or rice.
Top Review by I'mPat
Made this for dinner last night and was very much enjoyed by the DS, DM and myself. I scaled back for 2 -3 serves as I had just over a kilo of drumsticks (8 in all) and still cut back on the soy and honey for dietary reasons. I cooked the chicken in the marinade for 50 minutes and it was perfect. Thank you Denise in NH, made for Bargain Basement tag game.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1 1⁄3 cups soy sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken drumsticks into a large ziplock bag.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken.
- refrigerate overnight (or at least one hour) turning bag over occasionally so chicken gets well coated.
- Arrange chicken on rack in foil lined broiler pan that has been sprayed with a cooking spray such as Pam.
- Reserve marinade.
- Brush chicken with reserved marinade.
- Cook in 375 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Turn chicken and cook, brushing occasionally with reserved marianade until chicken is done approximately 45 minutes.