Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful for partys...Quick and Easy..
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 16 chicken legs
- Blend together soy sauce, peanut oil, vinegar, garlic, honey and cornstarch. Add pepper, thyme and rosemary.
- Detach the skin and discard from chickeg legs if desired.
- Marinate legs in the soy sauce mixture. Place a large pan of water on the lower rack of the oven. Arrange the chicken directly on the middle rack over the pan of water. Bake 30 min at 425. Baste chicken every 8 min with the remaining marinade and turn the legs each time. Serve hot.
I scaled this back for 5 drumsticks and because of time constraints I cooked them in an 8"x*'x pan with the marinade for 50 minutes at 175C fan forced. I made this for the DM knowing she would only eat 1 and the rest would be shredded for sandwiches. I served it with a vegie packed fried rice and at first I thought she would not eat the drumstick but once I asked her to at least taste it for an opinion she was quick to gobble it up and leave what was left of her fried rice. Thank you Heather B, made for Bargain Basement game.